Wednesday, April 27, 2005

American Idol Shocker: My Baby Got Bounced!


It was an internet plot!!

I am shocked. I am stunned. I am crushed. I blame myself. If only I had tried harder to get through despite the busy signal to make my vote register!

My future husband-to-be, Constantine Maroulis, done got bounced off of American Idol tonight. Granted, his song choice for last night's show, Nickelback's How You Remind Me was not my particular cup of tea. In fact, I kind of thought he would end up in the bottom three. But, still, there was the execrable Scott Savol, again truly terrible. I thought for sure that Constantine would survive the bottom three, much like Bo Bice, the other rocker in the competition, had the week before.

He's dressed in black with chains and bindings around his wrists. Nice, edgy look. He is all over the stage and obviously vibing to the song with all its barely submerged anger. He seeks out the camera as if it were his heart's beloved. He smiles naughtily when he gets to the lyric, "Living with me must have damn near killed you."

Something is really wrong here. And it's in the voting.

Read An Opera Singer Watches American Idol by Steve Huff for a professional opinion of the Final Six's vocal capabilities!

Also, something's strange about this year's American Idol voting.