Saturday, February 11, 2006

Mary Goes to Paris, Day 7


"I [took] David Sedaris' advice & went to a place where they show old films on the rue des Ecoles in the Latin Quarter Friday night. Saw Niagara starring Marilyn Monroe. Seeing her genuflect on the big screen you immediately realize why she was a huge star. And David was right - everyone was completely quiet during the film. It was very loud beforehand, but JUST before it started, you could hear several people blowing their noses, then the movie started, the utter silent bliss!! WOW! I have to live in Paris just for that experience. :D I don't know about you but I have this remarkable ability to attract the loudest, rudest people in the movie people RIGHT BEHIND ME. No gentle reminders of shhhh ever generally works, so this quiet cinema thing reminds me that Paris really is the place pour moi. :) Totally cool."

Cinemas Action Ecoles
23, R. des écoles, 5me arr.
M° Maubert-Mutualité or Cardinal Lemoine; Place: 6,50€ TR: 5€