Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mary Goes to Paris, Days 1 & 2

My friend Mary left Friday evening on her fourth visit to Paris. I will be blogging about the sites she is seeing periodically, based upon the e-mail I receive from her. So far, it goes like this:

A visit to Le Grand Epicerie at Le Bon Marché looking for Christine Ferber confitures 38, Rue de Sèvres at Blvd. Raspail, 7me arr.; Métro: Sèvres-Babylone

A stop at the patisserie, Miss Manon, in the Marais for a heavenly pistache-framboise macaron! Corner of Rue Saint-Antoine & Rue St. Paul, 4me arr.; Métro: St. Paul or Bastille

Ummmm...macarons!

People watching at Le Café des Phares and taking photos of feet!7, place de la Bastille, 4me arr.; Métro: Bastille

A leisurely croque-monsieur at La Tartine, after viewing the Tinguely and Nikke de St-Phalle sculptures outside the Pompidou 2, rue Brisemiche, 4me arr., Métro: Hôtel-de-Ville